Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Home Made Raviloi and the best pasta sauce in the World (aka Happy New Yearl!)

Hello World Wide Web!
Well, it has been a while. For those of you following, sorry. I hope you do not feel I have let you down. For those of you just checking this out, you should start reading it all. It will be so much fun.
So,  this particular little happy thing is really from a few days ago, but it did happen this year, so I think it is still OK. Here goes . . .
My New Years celebration was the absolute best one I have ever had. It truly was. I have had a lot of kind of bummerish new years up to now. For this one, ah this one, I made ravioli. That's right. Home made ravioli, from scratch. Made the pasta dough, made the filling, cranked endless blobs of dough through the pasta machine to flatten it out. It was so much fun. What made it even better is that I was doing it all with one of my best friends in the whole world and her two sons, and of course my son. The boys had sooo much fun helping and taking turns turning the crank on the pasta machine.
To go with the pasta of course, we also made sauce. Not just any sauce, but the sauce that my Mommy showed me how to make, that her Mommy showed her how to make, that her Dad showed her how to make. That turned out perfect and wonderful too. As one final addition, I made garlic bread too. Super buttery and cheesy garlic bread.
Now that your mouth is watering, I'll stop talking about the details of the food itself. What made the day even more wonderful than the food itself was spending time with friends we love and just having a nice time "ringing in the new year" together. We had a nice dinner, the kiddos got to play, after the kiddos fell asleep we got to talk to each other like adults and drink a little champagne. It was a wonderful night/early morning. And that is my first happy little thought of the new year. Eventually I will get around to telling you the "history" behind my blog name, but only if you ask.





 

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I love-love-love pasta. What did you fill the ravioli with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The filling was made with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, fresh pressed garlic and a little parsley. Sooo tasty.

    ReplyDelete