Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Starbucks Bacon Breakfast Sandwich

Hello World Wide Web!
Here it is, my first real post. 
Anyhoo, today was a really bad day. Unpleasant things happened (as they tend to do from time to time). After unpleasant things happened I went home. I was busy being sad/angry/confused etc. when the phone rang. It was my job wondering if I could come in a bit early today. Thinking to myself, "This is exactly what I need to take my mind off of today's unpleasantness.", I told them I could be there in about an hour. I then proceeded to throw some makeup at my sad face (enough to make me look like a human) and off I went.
At this point in the story I bet you are wondering, "Where are the little bits of shiny happiness, and what does Starbucks have to do with this?". We are getting to that.
Once at work, after working for several hours, it was my turn for a break. Adding to the overall unpleasantness of my day, I had no money to my name. I did, however, have a Starbucks gift card. So where else would I go for a mid-afternoon snack, but Starbucks. I love their sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, which is exactly what I ordered to go along with my tall iced coffee.  Much to my dismay, they were all out of sausage. I was a bit disappointed. Yet another unpleasant thing in my day, or so I thought. The wonderful girl working at Starbucks offered to give me the sandwich with bacon instead of sausage, and at no charge! Not just no charge for the bacon, no charge for the entire sandwich.  That was the shiny penny in the vacuum of my day. Sometimes all it takes is some small bit of kindness and generosity to change the tone of a day. It made the rest of my work day better and gave me something much better to focus on (bacon, egg and cheese on a toasty roll, mmmm) instead of the earlier unpleasantness.
Thank you Starbucks, for the complimentary bacon breakfast sandwich. It really made my day. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Leave it to the SB to make life better with free things.

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete