Thursday, November 18, 2010

Swing Low? or Something

Hello World Wide Web!
So here I am again. Sharing odd little bits of happiness from my day. Today, it was singing in the shower. Not me, if I do sing in the shower (and come on, who doesn't?) it isn't nearly as adorable as when my six year old son does it.
Showers are a relatively new thing for my son. We thought six was a good age to switch from taking a nightly bath to taking showers. It was met with a little animosity at first, but now he seams to enjoy it. Tonight, he REALLY enjoyed it. He was in there for a good 10 or 15 minutes after his hair was all washed and rinsed. When I went to check on him (to make sure everything was going ok) there he was singing "Swing low, sweet chariot, coming forth to carry me home! Swing low, sweet chariot, coming forth to carry me home!" at the top of his lungs. He learned the song in our churches children's choir.
Kids are so funny. And so endearing, in so many ways. When I heard him belting out his tune in the shower I had to smile. Ok, I had to laugh, really hard, and tell my husband. Swing low indeed. 

1 comment:

  1. So Great! Although, next time you need to just stand near the door with an audio recorder, VERY gently open it up and record him singing. If you don't have an audio recorder use a camcorder and just record the wall or the shower curtains or something. It would be so awesome to have the audio recorded! :)

    ReplyDelete